Limited Scope Representation
In the past, legal consumers have had very few options. They either had to hire an attorney to handle all the aspects of their case or had to handle their case alone. Limited scope representation allows an attorney to represent you only when necessary.
Sometimes you may need a family law attorney to handle routine family law matters, and sometimes you need more assistance or advice. Limited scope representation gives you a cost-effective option. The Law & Mediation Office of Patricia Clark, PC, is available to help you with your family law matters on a limited scope basis according to your needs and wants. You retain responsibility and control for the decisions regarding your case.
Whether you want an attorney to file or review court documents or you want legal advice, limited scope representation allows you to choose the assistance you need. Patricia can help in handling any piece of the legal process you choose. Having legal help on specific services can keep your fees low.
Here are some services you can choose from:
- Reviewing agreements prepared by the other party’s attorney.
- Advice about alternative ways to resolve the dispute.
- Evaluation of the case and advice about legal rights and responsibilities.
- Guidance and procedural information for filing or serving documents.
- Reviewing pleadings and other documents you have prepared.
- Suggestions for documents that you should prepare.
- Preparing legal documents, such as pleadings, motions, or other documents.
- Legal research and analysis
- Discovery, which includes interrogatories, depositions, and requests for document production.
- Planning for negotiations.
- Planning for court appearances.
- Standby telephone assistance during negotiations or settlement conferences.
Patricia D. Clark performs only the services specifically agreed upon in writing. You will represent yourself throughout the family law case except for the limited tasks agreed upon by yourself and Ms. Clark. If you are interested in finding out more about Limited Scope Representation, please contact the Law & Mediation Office of Patricia Clark, PC. Call (916) 472-6232.